Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms, scrapers and conduct data analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. You are expected to support business units to evaluate external data sources, build and maintain scraping
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
EstateGuru is a European leading property-backed and short-term lending platform for medium size companies (SME-s). EstateGuru also provides 57 000 retail and institutional investors from 100+ countries attractive returns from European property-backed loans without hassle. We are currently operating in 6 countries and are following an ambitious growth and expansion strategy. We will ca 120 million euros of business loans in 2020 and our goal is to facilitate 5 billion euros a year in 2025. Estateguru has been selected into the TOP100 European Proptech companies 3 years in a row.
A great working environment, inspiring challenges, a charismatic team of professionals. Should you get the job, you’ll be part of a success story that will revolutionize the property finance space in Europe, making it more efficient and transparent. Strong performance is fairly rewarded
The main tasks are
* Analyze and organize raw data
* Developing and maintaining datasets.
* Evaluate business needs and objectives
* Creating analytical reports using analysis tools (Tableau)
* Creating requirements for core systems from data analysis aspects (Improving and extending schema)
* Managing and improving Estateguru’s data lake. Build data systems and pipelines
* Managing data science infrastructure (Airflow, Apache Parquet, Python scripts)
* Analysing external data sources and developing scrapers. Identify opportunities for data acquisition. Build Prototypes.
* Combine raw information from different sources.
* Creating requirements for data science frontend tools.
* Build partnerships with business users to understand data, reporting, and analytic requirements
* Work closely with product managers, and engineers to become a source-data-expert and maintain optimal data warehouse performance
Is it you?
* Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
* Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
* Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
* Experience in SQL (e.g. T-SQL, pgSQL, Big Query, etc)
* Scripting or querying using Python (or R, MDX, DAX, etc), OR
* Using Business intelligence tools or analytics/modelling in finance or operations
* Hands-on experience with SQL database design
* Great numerical and analytical skills
* Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
* Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
* Knowing ETL tools is a plus (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx, Talend, etc
Apply now and let's get in touch!
Short Fridays in summer and season-appropriate working hours means if you come in early, you get to leave early in summer and sleep later during the cold winter months.
Extra Vacation Days
If you work at EstateGuru for at least two years, we’ll reward you with five additional winter vacation days between December and February.
A Great Office
Our office in the heart of Tallinn is stocked with fruit, candy, tea, and the best coffee money can buy. We also run a winter office if you need to flee the snow and get some sun.
Continued Personal Growth
Our annual training and education budget means you can keep growing your list of skills while you work. Each employee also gets a monthly sport and recreation bonus.
With offices in five countries and plans to open more in the very near future, you’ll get to work with interesting, friendly people from across the globe and gain valued international experience.
Our company policy is always to promote from within wherever possible, and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We want to offer people a career, not just a job.
Why join EstateGuru?
We offer a great office environment, the opportunity for personal and career growth, and the chance to help change the real estate business across Europe and the world. We believe work should be challenging, exciting and, above all, rewarding.
Employees receive a range of benefits, a generous leave policy, and an alternative to the standard 9-5 grind, all while being part of a supportive, knowledgable, and friendly team.contact us